Young Writers Contest 2017
Young writers of New Castle, from 6th-12th grade - Submit your work to The 37th ANNUAL YOUNG WRITERS CONTEST 2017
Sponsored by The Friends of the Chappaqua Library
SUBMIT YOUR: FICTION (short story, drama)
NON-FICTION (essay, journalism, humor, descriptive prose)
AWARDS: First Prize $100 * Second Prize $50 * Third Prize $25
* in each genre * separate middle school and high school judging
Certificates & recognition of your work.
Winning writers will be invited to an awards presentation & reception.
SAVE A TREE! Submit via email! (Hard copies also accepted.)
OFFICAL YWC 2017 RULES: A must-read! Can be found:
* on-line on the Chappaqua Library Website (on the Friends of the Library page)
* on paper in Chappaqua middle school and high school English departments
* at the Chappaqua Library circulation desk
SUBMIT ENTRIES TO:
* Easy-E-submissions: PDFs only. See details in the Official Rules.
* Paper entries: submit 2 formatted copies to English departments at Bell, Seven Bridges or Horace Greeley High School, or Chappaqua Library(circulation desk). See details in the Official Rules.
DEADLINE: Friday, March 17th, 2017 at:
* 3 pm (end of school day) at Bell, Seven Bridges and Greeley
* 6 pm (closing time) at the Chappaqua Library
* 11:59 pm EST for e-subs - SEE OFFICIAL RULES for formatting
* No late entries.
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT SCHOOLS & JUNE AWARDS ASSEMBLIES
Winners and Honorable Mention writers will be invited to a reception at the Chappaqua Library Theatre.
We look forward to reading your work!